Disney World and the Magic Kingdom are filled with so much detail and so many things to see or do around every corner. For that reason I am breaking down the fun land by land. Here I take a look at Liberty Square, one of the lands in the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World.
Liberty Square is themed to colonial America. The theming is mostly inspired by the New England colonies. The land inspires a sense of history and American patriotism. The land also aspires to teach a little something about American history to visitors while they are being entertained.
First thing first, where will you find Liberty Square. The land is in Magic Kingdom park. Walk straight down Main Street and as you approach the Castle hub you will want to ver left onto the path closest to the castle. You will see brickwork and a sign to your left telling you that you are now in Liberty Square. You will cross a bridge over the castle moat, which has great views of Cinderella’s Castle.
If you are entering the land from the sides Liberty Square is located between Fantasyland and Frontierland. From Fantasyland you will enter as you pass Rapunzel’s tower. From Frontierland as you enter you will see the Diamond Horseshoe.
The Hall of Presidents:
- Any Height
- Accessibility: May remain in wheelchair/ECV. Assistive Listening Available. Translation assistance available.
- This show offers a patriotic and upbeat look at the American Presidency and all of our past Presidents, with animatronics of every one of them. Little ones may get board but if they are old enough to pay attention this is a learning opportunity. History fans will really enjoy the show. Even those who are not history buffs can marvel at the technology at play. It is also an excellent way to take a break from the heat or little ones to grab a quick nap as the show runs 25 minutes. Don’t just pass by the glass cases in the lobby, there are lots of fun artifacts in there.
Liberty Square Riverboat:
- Any Height
- Accessibility: May remain in wheelchair/ECV.
- Ride this authentic steam powered paddle wheeler, The Liberty Belle, through the Rivers of America passing by Frontierland and Liberty Square. Plus see some scenes you will only catch from the riverboat. WIth narration during your journey this slow paced trip is perfect for every member of the family. A fantastic place to take a break form the hectic crowds. It is a 17 minute trip, and limited seating is available so this is not a chance to get off of your feet but the sights are lovely and the 4 decks have plenty of opportunities for views and lots of shade. Make sure to explore the boat some as the details and craftsmanship are beautiful.
The Haunted Mansion:
- Any Height
- Lightning Lane Included With Genie+
- Accessibility: Must Transfer from Wheelchair/ECV. Audio Description. Handheld Captioning. Language Translation.
- A true Disney classic this is one of my favorite rides. Take a trip in your doom buggy to visit 999 happy haunts in this gothic mansion. But watch out they have room for 1 more ghost in the mansion. Parts of this ride will likely frighten little ones but the scare level is fairly low overall. It is dark and there are some moments of things popping out at you and sudden sounds. But I am a total scaredy cat and I love this ride and particularly it’s atheistic. The lore of the Haunted Mansion is perhaps the most of any Disney World ride. If you love it too don’t miss the gift shop across the street, Memento Mori’s. Be ready for the great ride photo at the end, you might just have an extra guest in your party hitchhiking their way home with you.
Liberty Tree Tavern:
- Table Service
- Reservations Accepted
- Breakfast Lunch & Dinner
- Food Style: American
- Themed to Colonial New England the interior of Liberty Tree Tavern is charming. For both lunch and dinner they offer only their all you can eat family style dining option. Think Thanksgiving dinner for the food. You can also enjoy an alcoholic beverage with your meal.
Columbia Harbour House:
- Quick Service
- Lunch & Dinner
- Food Style: American, Seafood
- Mobile Order Available
- Indoor Seating
- Seasonal – This location may not be open during slow seasons.
- Themed to Colonial New England with nautical flare this location has traditional American food, like chicken-pot pie and soups combined with seafood options like grilled salmon and lobster rolls. Check out the combo platters as a possible sharable option.
Liberty Square Market:
- Lots of health options plus turkey legs.
Sleepy Hollow Refreshments :
- Outdoor Seating
- Funnel cakes and savory and sweet waffle sandwiches are the stars here.
Mary Poppins – Meet Mary in the Liberty Square gazebo. Located to the left as you enter from the main hub, behind the Christmas store.
Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe:
- Located across from Sleepy Hollow Refreshments
- Christmas 365 days a year with many ornaments.
- Be the first group to visit for the day and help decorate the daily Christmas tree.
- Personalization is available for ornaments here, BUT they will also personalize your celebration buttons with fancy script for a small fee.
Liberty Square Parasol Cart:
- Located in a corner between Sleepy Hollow Refreshments and the Hall of Presidents.
- Lovely hand painted parasols of all different sizes.
- Customization available.
- A fantastic unique souvenir.
Liberty Square Portrait Gallery:
- A cart located outside of Ye Old Christmas Shoppe.
- Have a custom portrait or a silhouette portrait done.
- Another great unique souvenir.
- Located across from The Haunted Mansion
- Your go to for Haunted Mansion merchandise of all kind. One of the most themed shops in the Magic Kingdom
- Located between Liberty Square Market and Liberty Square Riverboat.
- Great photo opportunity.
The Liberty Bell:
- A perfect replica!
- Surrounded by flags from the 13 original colonies
- The parade route passes though Liberty Square coming from Frontierland, past Liberty Tree Tavern then turning down the Main Street in from of The Hall of Presidents working its way to the Castle hub and Main Street.
Pressed Pennies Locations
- Hall of Presidents – Near the Exit Doors
- Haunted Mansion
Momento Mori Pin Book – It is kept behind the register so ask a cast member to see it.
- There are no large scale restrooms in Liberty Square.
- The Tangled bathrooms in Fantasyland are the closest.
- For those dining there are small bathrooms in the table service restaurants.
Service Animal Relief Area – Behind the Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe
As you can see Liberty Square is full of unique shopping opportunities, history, Americana, and attractions the whole family can enjoy. Now you are ready to make the most out of your time in Liberty Square and make sure you don’t miss anything your party will want to experience.
If you are looking to travel to Disney World I would love to be your travel agent. Get expert advice in planning your vacation and a personalized experience at no additional cost to you.
Contact me at email@example.com
Follow Me! https://linktr.ee/katiethemagicsyours