What does Mickey Mouse do for Halloween? He throws a huge party at Magic Kingdom and we are all invited. Mickey’s No So Scary Halloween Party is a ticketed event held several nights a week at Magic Kingdom from August to early November.
You will need to purchase tickets for every attendee age 3 and older. This ticket will get you into the park starting at 4:00pm so if you want to arrive early you can get some extra park hours in with your party tickets. The party runs from 7:00pm to midnight. Starting at 7:00 all day guests without party tickets will be asked to leave and the party events will start. You will want to purchase your ticket ahead of time both to get a small discount and because the parties can sell out.
Once you get your tickets you will want to link them to your My Disney Experience account.
While attendance at parties is capped they can still be quite crowded especially Main Street where a lot of the activities are taking place. So as always pack your patience and expect there to be crowds and lines for some of the most popular entertainment.
Plan Your Day:
When planning your fall trip if you decide to include a Halloween Party you have few thing to consider.
Firstly, you have to decide which day of your trip you will attend the party. Check the party schedule and consider your options. Weekend parties are going to be more crowded than weekday parties. Additionally, think about what you have planned the next morning? It might not be best to attend a late party and then plan to rope drop the next morning.
Think about how you will structure your day. You have three main options.
- A full magic kingdom day. This would mean skipping costumes or packing them to change into in the evening. If you have a short trip or want to pack in maximum park hours this can be a good option. I suggest scheduling a sit down dinner in that case to get some rest before the party starts. If you time it right you will leave the restaraunt as things start to change over into party mode.
- A mid-day break. You can start your day off in the parks and then head to the hotel for some rest before you head to Magic Kingdom for the party. This is my favorite way to plan a party day.
- A resort day. If you want a chance to relax, build in pool time, or save some money this is the option for you. Spend the day at the resort, or resort hop, and then head to the party any time after 4:00. The resorts all offer different activities, restaurants, and fun to be had. This will give you time to really savor your fantastic resort and relax.
What to Wear
Of course it would not be a Halloween Party without costumes! During the Halloween Party is the only time when adults can wear costumes to the parks. This is the time to dress to impress. Be creative! You can even put together a group costume. You will see a wide range of outfits on guests, from elaborate to simple, homemade and store bought, or no costume at all. Part of the fun is seeing what everyone else is wearing.
There are a few no-no’s as far as costumes go so make sure to read the dress code that Disney provides when you purchase party tickets.
This could be a good day to take advantage of Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique for your little Princess.
When You Arrive
When you arrive for the party you will want to grab a few things, which will be readily available as you enter Magic Kingdom.
- Party Wristband – Which shows Cast Members that you have a park ticket and are not just a day guest.
- Party Map – Which will show you where to find all the entertainment, food and merchandise for the night.
- Trick-or-Treat Bag – so you can fill up on all the candy you can collect.
** Allergy and Special Diets – If need or prefer to get allergy friendly treat options you can grab a teal chip at Tony’s Town Square Restaurant when you enter the park. You can exchange this chip for a special teal bag and allergy-friendly treats at Town Square Theatre. **
You will be sure to want to document your party experience and there will be plenty of PhotoPass photographers around. During the party they even have special Halloween Magic Shoots. A Magic Shoot is a photo where they have you strike a specific pose and then a digital image is inserted into the photo. For example the Headless Horseman or the Hitchhiking Ghosts.
The Magic Kingdom, mostly Main Street USA, will be decorated for fall at all times throughout the season. However during the party you will get added lighting effects and music to add to the theming.
There is special limited quality merchandise that can only be purchased at the party. In years past this has included pins, shirts, ears and more. These items are only available at a few locations in the park. The party map will tell you where you can pick them up.
Food & Trick or Treat
Of course we can’t have Halloween without lots of treats! Guests of all ages are invited to Trick or Treat at multiple locations throughout the park. This experience involves entering a trick or treat queue, that typically is constantly flowing, and passing several cast members who will place candy into your treat bags. You can come back as many times as you want for unlimited candy. (See above for allergy options.)
During the party there are also specialty food items available for purchase. These change up every year but many of them are typically sweet treats, such as cupcakes and ice cream.
- Parade – The highlight of the party for many is the Boo to You Parade. Offered twice during the party this parade features an opening from the Headless Horseman. Among others you will see your favorite villains, some fall fun, lots of candy, and the Haunted Mansion gravediggers.
- Fireworks – A special Halloween themed fireworks show is also offered during the party.
- Stage Show – On the castle stage you can watch the Sanderson Sisters perform with some of their villainous friends. Offered twice during each party.
- Dance Parties – Several locations offer dance parties for the whole family. Complete with characters ready to show off their dancing skills.
- Visit with characters like Minnie and Winnie the Pooh in their Halloween Costumes.
- Meet special characters only our for the Halloween party like Jack and Sally from The Nightmare Before Christmas. They are always very popular.
- Meet and greet some of your favorite Villains, like Gaston and the Ugly Stepsisters.
The majority of rides will be open during the party.
** You can’t book fastpasses during the party. **
Several rides offer special overlays during the party. In years past this has included Pirates of the Caribbean, Mad Tea Party, Space Mountain and Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor. Pirates of the Caribbean is taken over by live pirates. While Mad Tea Party and Space Mountain have special lighting and sounds tracks.
All of this is what you can expect at Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party. If this sounds fun to you think about scheduling a visit to Disney World in the fall!