Hi Again, I’m Katie!
For my first blog post of substance, I wanted you all to get to know my Disney style a little better. To share with you my favorites and the specific things I love about Disney travel. For this post, I will focus on Walt Disney World, the most magical place on earth. I will cover my other Disney travel favorites in future posts. So in the words of Peter Pan “Away … We…. Go….”
Favorite Resort I Have Stayed In:
Art of Animation Resort:
- This hotel is in your face Disney magic and joy. I love everything about that.
- One of the best food courts on property
- Great resort specific merchandise.
- I could spend an hour looking at all the art in the lobby, especially at that chandelier.
- As a value resort the price point for the family suites is great for groups larger than 4 and the standard Little Mermaid rooms allow you a step up from the values of the others at a similar price point.
- They now have the Skyliner gondola system with direct access to EPCOT and Hollywood Studios.
Favorite Room I Have Stayed In:
Port Orleans Riverside – Royal Rooms
- Every little princess detail is adorable
- The light-up headboards are beautiful
- I love a princess theme
Favorite Season to Visit:
- Halloween Décor on Main Street
- Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party
- Food and Wine Festival at EPCOT
- It’s not 100 degrees every day but it’s still consistently warm
The Magic Kingdom
- Every time I enter the Magic Kingdom and make that turn to walk down Main Street USA and see the castle for the first time I get butterflies in my stomach.
- I love the classic rides like It’s A Small World, Pirates of the Caribbean and The Haunted Mansion.
- Big Thunder Mountain and Splash Mountain are right about at the top of the thrill-seeking threshold so they are perfect for me.
- Ice Cream (dairy-free) tastes better on Main Street.
- It’s my favorite place to visit.
Africa, in Animal Kingdom:
- Some of the most in-depth theming of any land
- Kilimanjaro Safaris
- Tusker House Restaurant
- The music and atmosphere create a peaceful vibe that I enjoy
- Magic Kingdom – It’s A Small World & Haunted Mansion
- EPCOT – Soarin’
- Animal Kingdom – Killamonjaro Safaris
- Hollywood Studios – Star Tours
- (I have not yet been to Galaxy’s Edge so I think this one will be changing soon.)
- Just give me all the ears right now, please
- The Dress Shop line of vintage-inspired dresses
Quick Service Restaurant:
- Be Our Guest
- The theming is so fantastic
- Try the “grey stuff” I hear it’s delicious
- Satuli Canteen
- Great food with so many custom options.
- While more healthy options are available all over Disney these days, Satuli has some great ones.
Table Service Restaurant:
- Restaurant Marrakesh
- Fun atmosphere
- Excellent food.
- Liberty Tree Tavern
- All you can eat of all your Thanksgiving style favorites
Huge variety of food including African inspired dishes I wouldn’t get elsewhere
Mickey and Friends in their safari outfits… I can’t
- Mickey Pretzel
- Food is better when it is shaped like Mickey
- and salt
- Dole Whip
- Because I am that basic
- Its “ice cream” that is actually dairy free and on the main menu. As a person who does not eat dairy, this is amazing.
So there you have it! What are your Disney World favorites? Any thoughts on mine, are any of these an unpopular option?